An electrical cable is an assembly of one or more wires running side by side or bundled, which is used to carry electric current.
Electrical cables are used to connect two or more devices, enabling the transfer of electrical signals or power from one device to the other. Cables are used for a wide range of purposes, and each must be tailored for that purpose. Cables are used extensively in electronic devices for power and signal circuits. Long-distance communication takes place over undersea cables. Power cables are used for bulk transmission of alternating and direct current power, especially using high-voltage cable.
Electrical cables are extensively used in building wiring for lighting, power and control circuits permanently installed in buildings. Since all the circuit conductors required can be installed in a cable at one time, installation labor is saved compared to certain other wiring methods.
Types of Cables
- Coaxial cable – used for radio frequency signals, Direct-buried cable
- Flexible cables
- Filled cable
- Non-metallic sheathed cable
- Metallic sheathed cable
- Multicore cable
- Paired cable – Composed of two individually insulated conductors that are usually used in DC or low-frequency AC applications
- Portable cord – Flexible cable for AC power in portable applications
- Ribbon cable – Useful when many wires are required. This type of cable can easily flex, and it is designed to handle low-level voltages.
- Shielded cable – Used for sensitive electronic circuits or to provide protection in high-voltage applications.
- Structured cabling
- Submersible cable
- Twin and earth
- Twin ax cable
- Twin-lead – This type of cable is a flat two-wire line. It is commonly called a 300 Ω line because the line has an impedance of 300 Ω. It is often used as a transmission line between an antenna and a receiver (e.g., TV and radio). These cables are stranded to lower skin effects.
- Twisted pair – Consists of two interwound insulated wires. It resembles a paired cable, except that the paired wires are twisted
First of all I thank you for providing the satisfactory services. I am satisfied with your services as whenever I wrote any complaint or want any verification from you I got satisfactory response. Again I thank you for the same.
Dale Frank - CEOCity Bank
I am very much satisfied with your high-quality work. I would like to express my sincere thanks and appreciation to all your nice staff for the work.
Tilak Arora - ManagerABC Company
Its really very happiest moment for me as my complaint resolved within 24 hours Support like this appreciated and Thanks for your Services and specially thanks to team.
Soumitra Bose - BusinessCloud IT
Subscribe Today For New Updates
Just kidding you have to pay every month or every year to get all the benefits we mentioned everywhere.
Reach Us Quickly
Thank you for trusting us!
We will contact you shortly!
In the meantime you can download our Course Brochure.